Foreign Trade Services
Ziraat Bank is always by Your Side.
We know that the international trade and procedures may sound complicated. There are always different regulations and issues to take into consideration whilst doing international trade.
We can assist you to reduce risks and obtain smooth international trade transactions for your company. Our experienced teams and extensive network of branches are by your side for your foreign trade related requirements.
Letter of Credits
Let Ziraat Bank cover your trading risks
Ziraat Bank provides support to businesses of any size or complexity. Letters of Credit can help cover your trading risks by allowing you to protect against defaults on payments from overseas and guarantee your own payments abroad.
- Export Letters of Credit – conditional payment undertakings issued by your buyer’s bank on their behalf. They give you certainty that you will receive payment for the goods you’re exporting providing you meet the terms of the Letter of Credit. If you ask us to confirm the Letter of Credit, you will have protection against payment default by the buyer’s bank.
- Import Letters of Credit – conditional payment undertakings issued by us to your supplier on your behalf. They secure payment for your supplier providing they meet the terms of the Letter of Credit, for example presentation of documents such as a Bill of Exchange, Invoice, Bill of Lading or an Airway Bill. This gives you more control, which can be a particular advantage when buying from new suppliers.
Standby Letters of Credit
Standby letters of credit are irrevocable and payable on demand.
Conditional undertaking on behalf of the importer to the beneficiary. Settlement on behalf of the importer upon the presentation of specific documents by the beneficiary required under the credit.
Let Ziraat Bank secure your International Trade!
Having shipped the goods, your supplier presents the necessary documents, together with their instructions, to their bank which forwards the documents to your bank for payment. With a Documentary Collection against payment (D/P), import documents are released to you on payment. With a Documentary Collection against acceptance (D/A), the documents are released to you against your promise to pay
- A simpler alternative to Documentary Credits
- Reduces payment risk for your supplier at minimal cost to you
- Gives you access to goods without delay
- Suppliers are paid as soon as your account is debited with no hidden interest or payment delays